A Corporate Strategic Profile is an externally generated prospectus on a company or division for the purpose of assessing the strength/veracity of the organization, its core competencies and tendencies.
Corporate strategic profiles are useful for a broad range of purposes such as:
- preliminary assessment of acquisitions candidates, or acquirers;
- preliminary assessment of strategic partners for product, service, sales, technology collaborations;
- pre-negotiation briefs; and
- assessing likely competitive responses to your intended actions.
A typical corporate profile includes:
- history and background of the company;
- operating performance to include profit and loss statement detailing sales, manufacturing costs, margins, R&D expenditures, sales/marketing , service, SGA, income(before taxes);
- organizational structure to include an outline of he management, business unit, and sales/service structure;
- product portfolio to include product mix, market shares, competitive position;
- Research and development to include pipeline, core competencies and limitations; equities, licensing and partnerships; and future outlook.
Note: Corporate profiles are not available on CaseBauer client companies.